There are some things that I consider absolute necessities for long plane trips. While some things are more important than others, I like to have all of these accessible while I am on a long flight.
- A sweatshirt/hoodie It’s always good to wear layers when your going on a plane trip, because you can’t control the temperature on the plane. Also, you want to have something available incase it’s cold when you arrive at your destination. Sweatshirts also make good pillows or blankets if you are wanting to sleep on the plane.
- Lotion If you ever get dry skin, you’ll want to have lotion around. Always make sure that you can bring the lotion in your carryon, because there is often a rule as to how much of a liquid you can bring through security. You won’t want to have to throw it away if you end up bringing too much.
- Water Although you can’t bring a full water bottle through security, you can bring one to fill up at a water fountain, or buy one while waiting to board. Water isn’t always available on flights, and sometimes it’s easier to bring a reusable water bottle that you can use throughout the trip.
- Gum Gum is good to bring in case your ears start popping because of the pressure changes during the flight. Also, rather than brushing your teeth at the airport after your flight, you can chew gum to make sure that your breath doesn’t stink. Gum also helps me if I start to feel sick.
- Snacks My go to plane snack is Cheez Its. You don’t need to eat very many to feel full, and they don’t make me feel airsick. Also, dried fruit, trail mix, and other healthy snacks are good to bring along.
- Lip Balm Like lotion, you don’t want to be stuck with chapped lips for hours. It can be painful, and uncomfortable, so it’s a good idea to bring along some lip balm
- Makeup/Makeup Wipes If you fall asleep on your flight, and your makeup gets smeared and ruined, you don’t want to be stuck trying to fix it with a wet paper towel from the airplane bathroom. Bring only the basics in your carryon just in case.
What else do you consider to be a flight essential? Let me know in the comments below!